Thursday, October 06, 2005

so you think she's cute?


She taught me the value of pronouns in communication last night

The wife and I had a disagreement last night (the how, and the why of it are beside the point) - however suffice it to say things were a bit strained when I went and lay on the bed to read. Ole Becca here - my buddy - followed me in to chat.

After a few minutes I instructed her to "go tell mom 'I love you' for me" so cheerfully she skipped off to deliver the message.

I dozed off thinking I had gotten a good start on patching things up with the misses ....Until mom came to bed ....while we lay there talking she asked me what message I had give the little sprite to deliver and when I told her she started laughing.

I was a bit chagrined when I found out what message she had received.

Becca beaming with enthusiasm and pride had walked up to her mom and motioned for her ear.
When the wife leaned down she told her in a loud stage whisper

"Mom , dad said he loves ME"

ahh those pesky pronouns

;)

3 comments:

  1. Your honest humble candor gives your readers glimpses of the realness of married life and fatherhood. Keep telling, and more importantly, showing us like it is.

    Your family is a blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have be a bit more specific when talking to Becca. It's like talking to Amelia Bedelia.

    Big Sis Kait

    ReplyDelete