Saturday, October 22, 2005

it's a busy season saturday

where is it busy? as I sit at the computer I can look out over the south texas valley we live on the edge of. The air is a bit cool and the sun is bright but not the least bit hot and the sky is bright blue with not a bit of clouds in the sky.

So where is it busy? Everywhere I go.

See we are in the middle of receiving fourth quarter stock (that means at least half of all the stock that is going to be sold in that glorious catalog everyone received last week is coming into the warehouse right now) - over 60 pallets in the last week. Most of them 6 feet tall. Many of them containing 4-5 products that need to be sorted, counted, and stocked. All without getting them mixed up with the product that is still streaming the doors. See we will ship over 30 thousand boxes between now and January. That's a lot of stuff coming in.

What does this have to do with anything?

1.) I'm tired. Down right shell shocked in fact.
2.) I have lots of stuff to catch up on today.

See we are still in the middle of building (no, finishing is a better term) our house. So I have :

1.) 3 lights to wire (yea porch lights)
2.) one outlet to wire (yea we can finish the drywall in the dining room)
3.) 3 light switches to connect
4.) a dining room to finish the first coat of drywall mud finishing
5.) a chapter on Boniface's mission to the Saxons to teach to seven little dear hearts
6.) 3 or four chapters of Numbers to read to same said dear hearts.
7.) The Westminster confession to read (Kim and I are going through theconfession as a prerequisite to joining Christ Convenat Church of San Antonio). Come and visit us if you ever get a chance!
8.) about three posts I'd like to write for my blog today but don't know if I'll have time for :)
9.) a week late post for the family creative writing blog I need to polish and upload.
10.) MAYBE a bathroom sink to connect IF I can find a grinder/dremmel


Since I know how much you all look forward to me writing on Saturdays (that was narcissic sarcasm btw) I'll leave you with links for a few blog posts/discussions I've been following this week.

1.) the family creative writing assignment (notice that I had a VERY manly post about pink limo's and unicorns ;)
2.) Brother Barry has a great post and wants to generate discussion about race HERE
3.) Biblical Womanhood blog has 2 great posts
a.) relationships
b.) the basis of civil law
4.) The wife has a good post on over-population HERE
5.) Supyo has posted some great pics of VF's faith and freedom tour over HERE
6.) Last but not least CSHayden has a good post on Macro economics and personal finance HERE

So enjoy! I hope to write later this weekend on -

Rejoicing Tithe (that's THE rejoicing tithe - not rejoicing in tithing -although we do that too)
How men must model the Sacrifice of the World when they lead their families
and
bringing kids along on life's journey.

One last thing if you haven't received a copy of THE BEST CATALOG IN THE WORLD click HERE and I will personally ensure you get it..no thanks necessary it's what I do.

Well it's 9:41 I'd better get busy :)

Ciao

PS. Shannon - Still praying for your dear mother , my friend. Look forward to seeing you Monday.

PPS. I AM SO EXCITED that the Missus is Pregnant again! It is humbling to me to think that the Lord is telling me I am ready to Shepherd another of His lambs.

1 comment:

  1. Better find time for rest at some piont during this weekend, Perry. You'll need it when I bring you all those orders on Monday!
    (:>D)

    ReplyDelete