Tuesday, September 27, 2005

green notepads and such

I have been astonished and delighted by the way Deanna and Kaitlyn (my two eldest) have taken to writing.

In order to encourage them in their creative writing pursuits I have decided to give them a few creative writing assignments. I plan on randomly picking several things that are unrelated and have the girls each write at least a paragraph combining all three.

My wife and I will be joining in every now and then as well. The title of the post is derived from the first assignment. I told the girls to combine the following:

1.) a green notepad
2.) a cold room
3.) beginning

Kim and I have decided to join in the fun as well. Kim has posted hers here and Deanna here. Kaity and I are still working on ours. So enjoy the "green notepad project" qnd let us know how creative you think we are ;)

2 comments:

  1. While I was sitting in a cold room, I was beginning to think this post was going to be about a green notebook and such, but I found it was different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family now has a Green Notepad blog for this project. Shannon, come take a look.

    www.green-notepad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete