Monday, September 12, 2005

A family tradition continues :)


I will always remember dreading ;) my father marching up to the bedrooms at the crack fo dawn (when only grasshoppers and chicken were waking) and throwing on the lights in the childrens bedrooms and singing the first verse of "Arise my Soul Arise" at the top of his lungs.

To which most of us were apt to reply "Proverbs 27:14" :)

flash forward 20 or so years

I have recently began "blessing" my children with the same method of calling them forth. Now imagine my suprise and delight the other morning when I hear my Becca (pic at the left is about a year old) marching about the house quite stridently and singing to her sisters at the top of her voice

"arise YOUR soul arise ...."

Yes God is good.
A tradition survives to another generation.

1 comment:

  1. Just wait...one of these days our girls will araise your soul. Didn't you always want to get your dad back? I hear the whispers of conspiracy...

    ReplyDelete