Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Word of the Day

aseity

I love to read, so I am always delighted when I can learn a new word. I was reading a post on Doug Wilson's blog critiquing Richard Dawkins new book "The God Delusion" and I came across the word aseity.

Not being a philosophy major I have never encountered that word before. It's a good word. It's slight - doesn't waste a lot of syllables - kinda gets right to the point.

aseity - what does it mean? Click HERE to read the definitions on the google search I ran but basically its a philosphy term to describe the fact that God is self derived and not derivative.
He exsists on his own with out having been created.

See you just learned something too....Right?

1 comment:

  1. Indeed I have learned something new - thank you for this important insight.

    Philosophy of Mind - my focus on, and yet the word "aseity" - escaped me - until now.

    Since my novice state of "blogging" or some might say "journaling" - I have learnt so much more - which only proves that we continue to learn throughout our lives.

    Blessings to you and your multi-talented family - you can be so very proud of their achievements.

    ReplyDelete