Saturday, January 27, 2007

Music worth listening to

Jamie Soles is a Christian father and musician in Alberta Canada.
His website is www.solmusic.ca and his music is top notch in my book.

It tells Bible stories tells, teaches remembrances and glorifies God through Psalms.
We downloaded 2 songs from his webstore tonight $1.75 Canadian (about $1.45 USD) for each song and are looking forward to buying more in the near future.

I mean what's not to love about a guy who has 8 kids and describes his latest album this way:

"There are many things in Scripture spoken of as memorials, things which bring to remembrance - the rainbow, the priestly garments, memorial portions of offerings, Passover, jealousy tests, and ultimately, the Lord’s Supper. Memorials is a musical celebration of God's faithfulness reflected in these signs of remembrance."

Besides this is Scripture and good doctrine presented in such a way that you will be catechising your children and they won't even know it. This is the kind of music that helps parent create a "When you rise up" culture in their home.

I for one need all the help I can get.

Click HERE for lyrics and samples of the "Memorials" album summarized above.

Click HERE for lyrics and samples to the "Up From Here" album containing the two songs we've purchased (so far :) "As the Hart" and "Rats!"

3 comments:

  1. Perry, this is so cool.

    As I began to explore Jamie's site I wondered if he was the man our pastor mentioned a few months back. He played his guitar while his four children sang a very cleverly written song called "Korah, Dathan and Abiram". Then when I went to Jamie's "Reviews and Feedback" page I see a comment submitted by my pastor (Derek Johnson)! Come to find out, yes, that song they sang is from Jamie's cd "The Way My Story Goes".

    Guess we're going to have to break down and get some of his cds! I remember first hearing about Judy Rogers about sixteen years ago at a Gregg Harris seminar. Our children have loved her music and I'm sure they'll love Jamie Soles' stuff, too.

    I really enjoyed reading his bio piece.

    Thanks for the hot tip on the good music, Perry.

    Blessings to you, Kim and the younguns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree! I spent a number of months recently writing up a play that utilizes some of Jamie Soles songs - our homeschool group has just started practicing it this week. It's such a blessing to share our history with our kids - to help them catch the glory of God's working with His people - of His promises that also include them! What better legacy to pass on than the legacy of our convenant God. Cher (I recently found your wife's blog and meandered over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete