Tuesday, May 09, 2006

We are clay in His hands


It amazes me how little things I took for granted in my youth, like profound hymns, come back to comfort me in times of distress or trial.

I had started a post about this hymn last month when Kim posted about the loss of our baby Sarah.

I revived it today when I received the sad news of some good friends who have lost their first child in utero. My heart goes out to the Bennets for their loss and I pray that God will sustain them in this time of trouble.

--------------------------------

Whate’er my God ordains is right:His holy will abideth;I will be still
whate’er He doth;And follow where He guideth;He is my God; though dark my
road,He holds me that I shall not fall:Wherefore to Him I leave it all.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:He never will deceive me;He leads me by
the proper path:I know He will not leave me.I take, content, what He hath
sent;His hand can turn my griefs away,And patiently I wait His day.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:His loving thought attends me;No
poison can be in the cupThat my Physician sends me.My God is true; each morn
anewI’ll trust His grace unending,My life to Him commending.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:He is my Friend and Father;He suffers
naught to do me harm,Though many storms may gather,Now I may know both joy and
woe,Some day I shall see clearlyThat He hath loved me dearly.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:Though now this cup, in drinking,May
bitter seem to my faint heart,I take it, all unshrinking.My God is true; each
morn anewSweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,And pain and sorrow shall depart.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:Here shall my stand be taken;Though
sorrow, need, or death be mine,Yet I am not forsaken.My Father’s care is round
me there;He holds me that I shall not fall:And so to Him I leave it all.

---------------------------------------

click HERE for a midi of the tune

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you know Jamey Bennett. Erik has a Royal Ruckus CD. He's one of my favorite Post-Mil. and Christian Beer drinker thinkers...small world. By the way, I don't have a good title for the doctrine of beer. Maybe we need some help from Tim, our Latin speaking brother, and come up with a doctrinal title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it. Fermentum is Latin for Beer. Let's just call it, "fermentology," the Doctrine of Beer. Always remember the only sin in drinking beer, is drinking Lite Beer :-).

    ReplyDelete